A "Right-Wing", "Hobbit", "Extremist", "Domestic Terrorist", "Hate filled" "NECON!"'s Wishlist
I've been called all of those things and even more. I think of the way this country is, and the way I wish the country should be. I've tried to be "reasonable" in my wishlist and a few of the solutions that I would like to see implemented. This is the campaign speech i would give if I were running for President. there are some that are softer than my actual views, and a few that are harder than my actual views, but I believe that if this country heard a politician speak as honestly as this, they would be elected.
1) I'm going to treat the Federal Government like Mitt Romney treated failing businesses, when he was at Bain capital. I will do a bottom to top audit, eliminate waste, lay off the dead weight, consolidate departments where there are overlapping responsibility, figure out what a good expenditure of money is, and what is wasteful and cut the hell out of the Executive Branch budget. I anticipate that 50-70% of the Executive Branch is useless, and I'll get rid of it.
2) I will end the departments of Education, Energy, Agriculture, Health and Human Services, HUD, Labor, and will reduce the Dept of the Interior to only retain the National Parks System. (Sorry strict libertarians, I like National Parks. Sure, they could be privatized, but I believe them to be a good point of National pride and interest. So bite me. This is my wish list. Do your own.)
3) I will sell off all federally owned land, that is not currently in use by the US military, Indians (feathers not dot), or the National Park system. This money will go straight to the National Debt.
4) I propose that individuals should be able to opt out of Social Security and Medicare, or continue on the program with a cutoff age of 30. Those 30 or younger will not be granted the option to continue, but a private system that mirrors the current ponzi schemes can be set up for those people that are idiots.
5) I will end affirmative action on the first day of my Presidency. The only hiring consideration for federal employees will be ability, and need of the government. For government contract work, the only consideration will be ability, reputation, and cost to the government.
6) I will work tirelessly to have a Balanced Budget Amendment tied to a % of GDP by the end of my first term. If you elect more conservatives to the House and the Senate I will guarantee it.
7) I will remove any restrictions on the production, mining, drilling, and refining of oil in the United States and United States coastal waters.
8) I will push a budget that eliminates all corporate, industrial, and agricultural subsidies. Some other "knuckle draggers" will try to portray that as raising taxes, but it's what's called a free market. Free market doesn't include picking winners and losers within an industry, or between competing industries to promote another agenda.
9) We will loosen the federal regulation on industry, and corporations. This is a free country with an open court system. Federal Minimum wage laws must be repealed. People can choose to work for a company or they can choose to not work for a company. That's called freedom. Any government involvement that gets between an employer and employee is a restriction on that freedom.
10) Federal Employees can be members of a Union as is their right under the 1st amendment, but there will be no collective bargaining or acknowledgement of any labor union by the federal Government.
11) The United States Military is the finest fighting force in the world. They should be paid for it. I would double the pay rate of all military personnel, and would also decrease the size of the force by 1/2. We have paid a lot of money over the past 60 years to provide for the defense of our allies. While that may be honorable, it's too much to ask from a country that is 16 Trillion dollars in debt. We will pull out of all land bases in Europe, leaving a few in Turkey, pull out of all land bases in Korea, Japan, and the rest of far Asia. We will increase the size of our Navy so that we can respond to any threat around the world in a matter of hours. We will train those that are left in the military in the tactics of this new method of warfare. The odds of a real tank battle happening in this new world of warfare are pretty low. We keep some, but where it's at is Helicopters, and a quick moving small group of operators getting in and out after a completed mission. Just as we are not going to line up on a field of battle shoulder to shoulder and fire volleys at an opposing army, we will not be engaging in tank battles or infantry versus infantry ground wars. Perhaps Dave Vincent, tom Carsley, or Tim Shuler, could confirm or refute this assumption. 4 AH-64s could have killed every single Nazi on d-Day, in a matter of a few minutes. That type of battle will never be seen again.
Anyway, Let's keep the funding the same, but make what is left of the Armed Forces after a reduction of force, even more deadly, well trained and actually paid for the service that they give.
12) I would push for the FairTax. Simply put, it IS fair, it would be effective in raising revenue, and it would grow the economy. Look it up. Learn about it. There is one major obstacle to its passing, and that is the corrupt politicians in the Congress that use the tax code as a personal favor bank to reward contributors and constituents. One can’t rid the Congress of corruption as long as Congress can simply hide from the American People how they are bought and paid for every year.
13) I will ask Justices Scalia and Thomas for recommendations as to whom to appoint to the Supreme Court, and will follow their advice. I'm a businessman, not a judicial scholar, and feel that those two will not steer me wrong on picks.
14) I will ask Congressman Ron Paul to head a special commission tasked with auditing the Federal Reserve, and from those finding recommend changes needed in monetary policy of the United States.
15) I will end US involvement in the United Nations, and will ask the United Nations to get the hell out of the United States. The United States will not seek the permission from a body that works in every way against our interests in order to protect ourselves as we see fit, or to help an ally which is in our best interest to help.
16) There will be no more bailouts of Wall Street, Banks, Mortgage companies, the auto industries, or any other industries. There is no such thing as "Too big to fail". There is fail and there is not fail, and the federal government will have nothing to do with either.
17) People who are in this country illegally will be given 1 year to get out of the country. The legal immigration into this country must be revamped. The system is broken. I would recommend streamlining the application and entry requirements. If one wants to come to the United States then they provide the funds for an extensive background check, are checked for any medical condition that may be a public health hazard. If they pass the background check, and the health check they are allowed entry for a probationary 3 year period. During the probationary period the immigrant is not eligible for any public benefits, are not protected by the US constitution, (sorry terrorists trying to game the system don’t get the same protections under the 4th amendment against unlawful search. Sorry amigo, the Muzzies ruined it for all of you) and if they are convicted (or charged and not tried which would extend the probationary period until the trial) of a felony they are immediately expelled from the country, and are ineligible for re-admission. After the 3 year probationary period the probationary immigrant will be given an English Proficiency test, and will be checked for gainful employment. If the Probationary Immigrant passes the English Language, and employment requirements, they are then promoted to American in Waiting status for a year. Still ineligible for public benefits, the American in Waiting if they keep a clean criminal record, remain gainfully employed, they then take a real citizenship test (in English) covering the US Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and US History. After successfully passing this (can take up to 3 times) they are then sworn in as US Citizens with full rights and privileges of a US Citizen.
18) I will make the 10th Amendment mean what it says again. Seems that somewhere (Wickard V Filmore) we went array. I would like to see that case challenged and overturned, and will appoint Justices to make that happen.
19) I will push for the standardization of elections for those that serve in Washington DC. I would recommend a simple fingerprint reader connected to all other voting machines so that duplicate votes are not counted. Security would be employed to stop any tampering, and a second independent auditing of that measure would also be employed.
20) Social Welfare programs would end as we know it. For Welfare, we will fund these people for a maximum of 24 months, in which they will be required to learn a skill to make them employable after the 12 months. After that, they are on their own. I'm told that someone can go from 0 to being a medical assistant, a paralegal, a welding, plumbing, carpentry, electrical apprentice in this amount of time. All of those positions will be able to provide a living for someone. This is what is known as a hand up and not a hand out. If they have children, then they will need to show the ability to cloth, and house them. If they can’t they will have to find a suitable placement for their children or the children will be taken away from them. Sounds a little harsh, but believe me that the children will have a better chance at life with a complete strange than a loser parent. Unemployment will be funded by an employee’s contribution to their own unemployment insurance, and will continue for 4 months. Food Stamps will be eliminated, and in its place food staples will be supplied for those that need it. Potatoes, rice, Peanut Butter, Flour, butter, canned meat, Cornmeal, Sugar, salt, Cheese, Powdered Milk. That should stop people from starving. Children that cannot be fed by their parents will be fed breakfast, lunch and dinner at their government schools.
Well I believe I have just about touched every area of dismay that I have with this country. I will leave the War on Drugs, abortion, Gay Marriage, etc to the special interest groups that will fight over them for the next 100 years. My positions on all are quite well known, and none of them would make a huge difference to this country.